Brenda K. Smith/
Business And Corporate Counseling, Business Transactions/
Brenda Smith is a Partner with Dvorak Law Group. She assists clients with a variety of commercial and business litigation matters, including breaches of contracts, negligence, fraud, insurance disputes, and construction disputes. She also represents clients in probate and trust proceedings, including guardianship and conservatorship matters. Her involvement includes assisting clients through all stages of the litigation process, from commencing the litigation or providing a defense, conducting discovery, participating in the trial and engaging in the appellate process, if needed. Brenda represents clients in federal and state courts and mediation.
- Represented oppressed minority shareholders and obtained a verdict in excess of $1,000,000, which included damages and attorney fees.
- Represented trustee ia n lawsuit where alleged damages totaled more than $7,000,000.
- Represented various construction companies in litigation, governmental agency actions, and other dispute matters.
- Represented the guardian and conservator of the ward at trial and appellate courts in a highly contested probate proceeding.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Junior League of Omaha, past President
- Leadership Omaha Class 39
- Nebraska Medicine Guild Board of Directors
- The Presenters, Omaha Performing Arts Guild
Litigation, Trial Practice & Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Contract Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Real Estate Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tax Disputes
- Department of Labor Audits
- Employment Litigation
- Probate and Trust Proceedings
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Proceedings
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- State of Nebraska
- State of Iowa (pending)
- J.D., (with distinction) University of Nebraska College of Law, 2007
- B.S., (with high distinction) Nebraska Wesleyan University, 2004