David R. Mayer/
Business And Corporate Counseling, Business Transactions/
David R. Mayer is a Partner with Dvorak Law Group. He counsels clients in a broad range of areas and provides advice on the wide variety of business opportunities and challenges faced by our clients. Dave assists clients with respect to business entity formation and structuring, corporate governance, supply chain management, loan transactions, real estate matters, commercialization of intellectual property assets and the review, drafting and negotiation of all forms of business contracts. He routinely acts as outside counsel for clients, handling a broad spectrum of corporate and business matters in conjunction with other legal, accounting, insurance, business and banking experts. Mayer helps structure and restructure family businesses in pursuit of long-term family goals. When generational transition poses critical challenges, Dave works closely with the clients to reorganize corporate structures and shareholdings in preparation for a significant corporate transaction, such as a sale of the business.
- Represented a large group of media companies in developing and implementing a real estate management system and related set of form business contracts.
- Represented one of the Midwest’s largest providers of crane and hoisting equipment sales, service, and support in developing and implementing a comprehensive set of standardized business contracts and related formalized protocols and procedures for negotiation, execution and collection practices in connection with such contracts.
- Represented manufacturer in drafting an updated form distributor agreement and related standardized form documents and policies and advised the client regarding roll-out strategy related thereto.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Business Ethics Alliance, governing board member
- Merrymakers, president, and board member
- Nebraska Diplomats
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Leadership Omaha Class 35
- Business Contracts
- Entity Formation & Maintenance
- Entity Governance
Banking, Finance & Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial Loans
- Bankruptcy/Creditor’s Rights
- TIF/Bond Financing
- DIP Financing
- State of Nebraska
J.D., (cum laude) Creighton University, 2000
- Creighton Law Review (1998-1999)
- Moot Court Board (1999-2000)
- Creighton Legal Writing Clinic, Staff Member
B.A., University of Northern Colorado, 1996)