James M. Pfeffer/
Commercial Lending, Real Estate, Business Transactions And Mergers And Acquisitions
Jim Pfeffer focuses his practice on commercial lending, secured transactions, real estate, contracts and the purchase and sale of businesses. In his commercial lending and secured transactions practice, Jim has special expertise representing the lead bank in large syndicated credits to grain companies and ethanol plants. In his contract practice, Jim has experience in a diverse array of contracts including construction, distribution agreements, intellectual property licensing, services agreements and purchase orders. Jim’s real estate practice consists of the purchase, sale and leasing of real estate, including like kind exchanges.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with a warehouse revolving credit facility secured by tangible and electronic chattel paper and in connection with inter-creditor agreements among the various lenders to the borrower.
- Represented the lead bank in syndicated revolving and term credit facilities to large grain companies located in Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Nebraska secured by working capital assets and real estate.
- Represented the buyer in connection with the purchase of retail locations throughout the Midwest.
- Represented a cattle company in connection with a reverse exchange transaction.
- Drafted distribution agreements and manufacturing license agreements on behalf of the manufacturer for the distribution of industrial equipment in North America, the European Union, and India.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Missouri State Bar Association
Banking, Finance and Creditor’s Rights
- Revolving Credit Loans
- Construction/Permanent Financing
- Real Estate Loans
- Workout of Problem Loans
- Buying and Selling Real Estate
- Leasing of Real Estate
- Financing of Real Estate
Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Asset Purchases and Sales
- Equity Interest Purchase and Sales
- Business Contracts
- Software Licensing and Services
- Entity Formation
- Construction Contracts
- State of Nebraska
- State of Missouri
- J.D., (with distinction) Washington University School of Law, 1988
- B.A., University of Nebraska at Lincoln