Julie Schultz Self/
Employment, Litigation and Trial Practice/
Julie Schultz Self is a Partner with Dvorak Law Group. She counsels clients on a variety of issues including sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour disputes, unemployment claims, discipline issues and the requirements of numerous state and federal employment laws. Julie represents employers in litigation matters filed in state and federal courts as well as quasi-judicial claims filed with a variety of administrative agencies. She works with clients to develop employee handbooks as well as employment and independent contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements and separation agreements. A frequent author and lecturer, Julie provides training for management and employees on a variety of employment-related issues.
- Nearly 20 years’ experience representing employers of all sizes – from international, publicly-traded companies to very small, family-operated businesses.
- Assisted employers in defending against employee complaints, both formal and informal, regarding wage payment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, harassment and related issues.
- Represented employer at the trial and appellate levels which resulted in an appellate decision which defined a new aspect of the Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Leadership Omaha, Class 36
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Human Resource Association of the Midlands
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Hiring, Discipline and Discharge
- ADA and FMLA
- Wage and Hour
- Non-Competes and Unfair
- Employee Handbooks and
- Workplace Training
Litigation and Trial Practice
- Employment and Labor Law
- Civil Rights and Governmental
- Business and Commercial Law
- State of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Creighton University, 1997
- Editorial Staff, Creighton Law Review, 1995-1996
- Regional/National Domestic Moot Court Traveling Team, 1996-1997
B.A., Creighton University, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, co-major in Political Science