Stephanie N. Mahlin/
Business and Corporate Counseling, Business Transactions/
Stephanie Mahlin focuses her practice primarily on business and technology transactions, commercial and technology contracts, and intellectual property and data protection matters, across a wide variety of industries. She regularly reviews, drafts, and negotiates commercial contracts, technology agreements, software development agreements, supply chain management agreements, and other forms of business contracts. She advises clients regarding the commercialization of intellectual property assets, including acquisition, development, marketing, and licensing, and regarding trademark and copyright protection and enforcement.
- Assisted manufacturers in regulated industries with structuring and negotiating sales representative and distributor relationships, domestically and internationally.
- Advised startup companies offering software on the protection of intellectual property assets and assisted such companies with the negotiation of software development agreements.
- Counseled companies on the selection of company and brand names.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- UNL Raikes School Alumni Group Board (member 2015-2016)
- Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy (volunteer 2011-2014 and Blue Jeans & Dreams Sponsorship Chair 2013 and 2014)
- Business Contracts
- Entity Formation and Maintenance
- Entity Governance
- State of Nebraska
- State of Washington
- J.D., (highest distinction) University of Nebraska College of Law, 2010
- Nebraska Law Review (Managing Editor, 2008)
- M.B.A., University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- B.S., (highest distinction) University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- Major in Business Administration
- Minors in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Graduate of the Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management